- Publication date
- 19 February 2021
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 31 December 2026, 23:59 (CET)
- Level of funding
- National level
Reforms and investments under the Maltese National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NNRP) fall under the following 6 main themes:
- Addressing climate neutrality;
- Decarbonising transport;
- Fostering a digital, smart, and resilient economy;
- Strengthening the resilience of the health system;
- Enhancing quality education and fostering socio-economic sustainability;
- Strengthening the institutional framework.
Promoting digital skills is included under Priority 3, but most upskilling and reskilling activities will be covered under Priority 5. This includes a focus on skills acquisition, strengthening skills recognition, developing new educational pathways and investing in strengthening existing education pathways. The Planning and priorities Coordination Division (PPCD) under the Ministry for European Affairs and the Implementation of the Electoral Manifesto is the main public authority responsible for the implementation of the NRRP.
The NNRP is available at this link.