- Publication date
- 13 October 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 31 January 2023, 17:00 (CET)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The main objectives of this call are:
- Knowledge creation and sharing, and promotion of innovative approaches for regenerative ocean farming, including technical, economic, environmental and social aspects linked to the reorientation process;
- Identification of skills and training needs;
- Access to space and water, and in particular in connection with marine protected areas;
- Permitting and authorisation processes for the installation of new regenerative ocean farms;
- Demonstration activities for setting and operating regenerative ocean farming.
The call supports a wide range of actions, including the following with a focus on skills: developing practical guidelines, training and dissemination materials (including videos and IT tools) to support new seaweed and shellfish farmers, and other interested stakeholders, in the reorientation towards setting and operating regenerative ocean farming.
Among the anticipated outcomes, there are not any related to training and skilling activities. Nonetheless, the list published is non-exahustive and applications may define additional expected outcomes
Institution providing the funding
European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA)
Size of funding
€ 600 000
Overview of eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must be legal entities established in one of the eligible countries (i.e., EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs); non-EU countries that are part of the sea basin strategies and/or regional cooperation frameworks as specified in the text of the call).
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following three criteria, for a maximum score of 30 points:
- Relevance (up to 10 points)
- Quality (up to 10 points)
- Impact (up to 10 points)
Organisations need to create a user account and register using this link.
Furthermore, the proposal must be submitted in 3 parts:
- Part A: administrative information about the applicant organisations and the summarised budget for the proposal (to be filled in directly online).
- Part B: technical content of the proposal. Organisations need to download the mandatory word template, fill it in and upload it as a PDF file.
- Annexes to be uploaded as PDF file.
Application forms are available in the link of the call (see below).
Application support available
For help related to this call, please contact: CINEA-EMFAF-CALLSec [dot] europa [dot] eu (CINEA-EMFAF-CALLS[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu) by 25.01.2023 with a reference to the call topic ID in the subject line.