- Publication date
- 13 October 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The main objectives of this call are:
- Integration of tourism products and services provided by fishers and fisheries associations into the local/regional/sea basin tourist offers;
- Support fishers and other interested stakeholders, to assess the interest and feasibility to set up new regenerative ocean farms or restore coastal marine ecosystems, including by testing these approaches;
- Promotion of job creation in the field of sustainable blue economy.
The call supports a wide range of actions, including the following with a focus on skills:
- Coaching, advisory services, mentoring, training for fishers in areas as for example pesca-tourism, eco-tourism, cultural heritage, shellfish and/or regenerative ocean farming, etc.;
- Promoting entrepreneurial activities amongst local fishers, offering the fishers initial training on maritime-coastal cultural and natural heritage or regenerative ocean farming;
- Providing training programmes on sustainability (green skills), digital skills, entrepreneurial and soft (customer service, languages) skills, communication and awareness-raising, tutoring services for new businesses, and the development of series of good practices guides and protocols;
Among the anticipated outcomes, there are not any related to training and skilling activities. Nonetheless, the list published is non-exahustive and applications may define additional expected outcomes
Institution providing the funding
European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA)
Size of funding
€ 2 000 000
Overview of eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must be legal entities established in one of the eligible countries (i.e., EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs); non-EU countries that are part of the sea basin strategies and/or regional cooperation frameworks as specified in the text of the call).
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following three criteria, for a maximum score of 30 points:
- Relevance (up to 10 points)
- Quality (up to 10 points)
- Impact (up to 10 points)
Organisations need to create a user account and register using this link.
Furthermore, the proposal must be submitted in 3 parts:
- Part A: administrative information about the applicant organisations and the summarised budget for the proposal (to be filled in directly online).
- Part B: technical content of the proposal. Organisations need to download the mandatory word template, fill it in and upload it as a PDF file.
- Annexes to be uploaded as PDF file.
Application forms are available in the link of the call (see below).
Application support available
For help related to this call, please contact: CINEA-EMFAF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu by 25.01.2023 with a reference to the call topic ID in the subject line.