- Publication date
- 30 November 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 16 February 2023, 17:00 (CET)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
Specifically, the action will:
- Improve the level of competences, skills and employability potential of students in HEIs in the third countries not associated to the Programme by developing new and innovative education programmes;
- Promote inclusive education, equality, equity, non-discrimination and the promotion of civic-competences in higher education in the third countries not associated to the Programme;
- Improve the training of teachers and continuous professional development in order to impact the longer term quality of the education system in the third countries not associated to the Programme;
- Increase the capacities of HEIs, bodies in charge of higher education and competent authorities of third countries not associated to the Programme;
- Stimulate cooperation of institutions, capacity building and exchange of good practice.
The non-exhaustive list of possible additional types of activities related to training and skilling is as follows:
- development, adaptation and delivery of tools and methods for the upskilling, evaluation/assessment, professionalisation and professional development of academic and administrative staff, for the initial training of teachers and continuous career development;
- introducing practical training schemes, internships and study of real-life cases in business and industry, which are fully embedded in the curriculum, recognised and credited;
- introducing dual learning systems bridging tertiary studies with upper secondary VET as a mean to boost the employability of graduates;
- development, testing and implementation of new learning methods, tools and materials;
- support the creation of centres, incubators for innovation, technology transfer and business start-ups, and the integration of education, research and innovation at institutional/regional/national level.
Among the expected outcomes, the non-exhaustive list of those focusing up- and -re-skilling are:
- Improved access to and quality of higher education, in particular for people with fewer opportunities and in the poorest countries in the different regions;
- Increased students sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Increased level of digital competence for students and staff;
- A stronger link and cooperation with the private sector, promoting innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Alignment of the academic world with labour market enhancing employability of students;
- Increased participation of HEIs located in remote areas.
Institution providing the funding
European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)
Size of funding
Between EUR 400,000 and EUR 800,000 per project
Overview of eligibility criteria
Eligible third countries not associated to the Programme cab apply for this action:
- All third countries not associated to the Programme (please see section "Eligible Countries" in Part A of this Guide) in Western Balkans, Neighbourhood East and Neighbourhood West, South-Mediterranean countries, Asia, Central Asia, Middle East, Pacific, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and Caribbean.
- Exception: organisations from Belarus (Region 2) and the Russian Federation (Region 4) are not eligible to participate in this action.
The applicants (coordinator and partners) must be legal entities:
- higher education institutions (HEIs) or organisations of HEIs;
- established in an EU Member State, in a third country associated to the Programme or in eligible third countries not associated to the Programme.
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following 4 criteria, for a maximum of 100 points:
- Relevance of the project (30 points);
- Quality of the project design and implementation (30 points);
- Quality of the partnership and the cooperation arrangements (20 points);
- Sustainability, impact and dissemination of the expected results (20 points).
The threshold for individual criteria will be at least half of the maximum score points. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the individual scores, will be 60.
Applications should be sent to the To the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) with:
- Call ID: ERASMUS-YOUTH-2023-CB
- Topic ID: ERASMUS-EDU-2023-CBHE-STRAND-2
For more details about the application process, please see the link to the call below.
Application support available
For more information on the call and the application procedure please consult the Erasmus+ Programme Guide at https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-programme-guide
For help related to this call, please contact: EACEA-EPLUS-CBHEec [dot] europa [dot] eu (EACEA-EPLUS-CBHE[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)