- Publication date
- 22 December 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The main objective of the call is to understand the complementarity between new technologies and skills and support the development of skills complementary to emerging technologies with targeted education and training programmes.
Proposals are should cover research activities that include:
- the development of criteria to assess the complementarity of specific new technologies with human skills and vice versa;
- an analysis of specific applications of new technologies, possibly with a sectoral or occupational focus;
- the development of policy recommendations to support technologies and skills/training courses that are conducive to a digital transition that creates more good jobs.
Anticipated outcomes include:
- Deepen the understanding on the potential and impact of new technologies such as artificial intelligence technologies and robotics to substitute or complement human skills and in performing job tasks;
- Focus on the development and deployment of technologies that complement and enhance human skills, and development of the corresponding skills in the workforce.
Institution providing the funding
European Research Council
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for funding, applicants must be established in one of the following countries:
- EU Member States;
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States;
- Countries associated to Horizon Europe;
- A specified list of low- and middle-income countries: list available p.9 and 10 of the Horizon Europe Work Programme 2023-2024 General Annexes.
On consortium composition: unless otherwise provided for in the specific call conditions, only legal entities forming a consortium are eligible to participate in actions provided that the consortium includes, as beneficiaries, three legal entities independent from each other and each established in adifferent country as follows:
- at least one independent legal entity established in a Member State; and
- at least two other independent legal entities, each established in different Member States or Associated Countries.
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following 3 criteria, for a maximum of 15 points:
- Excellence (5points);
- Impact (5 points);
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation (5 points).
The threshold for individual criteria will be 3. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 10.
In order to be considered, proposals must:
- Be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal using the forms provided (see link to the call below).
- Proposals must be complete and contain all parts and mandatory annexes and supporting documents.
More information is available in the text of the call (see link below).
Application support available
For any questions related to any aspect of European research in general and the EU Research Framework Programmes in particular, please reach out to the Research Enquiry Service at this link: https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/contact-us/research-enquiry-service_en