- Publication date
- 2 October 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 12 March 2024, 17:00 (CET)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
Two main objectives are:
- Projects are expected to support research performing organisations in adapting and reinforcing formal and targeted training for researchers
- Projects are also expected to contribute to the certification and recognition of targeted training opportunities to up-skill and re-skill, provided under the form of micro-credentials.
Support to research performing organisations based on:
- The use of European Competence Framework for Researchers (ResearchComp),
- Strategic interaction with ecosystem actors, in order to have a better understanding of labour market needs, close the gap between demand and supply, and jointly develop training programmes;
- The promotion and support for networking and the exchange of best practices between Higher Education Institutions and other training providers with regard to the development of formal and targeted training opportunities for researchers that can foster inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary mobility;
- Specific emphasis on science communication to make researchers capable to correctly and effectively communicate to the public, and to make research careers more attractive for young talents.
Projects are expected to contribute to the following outcomes:
- Researchers at all career stages are equipped with a comprehensive set of transversal skills based on the European Competence Framework for Researchers (ResearchComp), to foster more open and inter-sectoral research careers, and a better recognition of the researcher profession;
- Support for coordination and exchange of best practices between Higher Education Institutions, research institutions, and other training providers for the improvement of research and transversal skills training;
- Meeting labour market demands through strategic partnerships of training providers with labour market actors in the development of training programmes;
- Contribution to certification of microcredentials;
- Improved communication of science to the public, to make research careers more appealing to younger generations.
Institution providing the funding
Size of funding
EUR 2 000 000
Overview of eligibility criteria
To be eligible, applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must be legal entities (public or private bodies) established in one of the eligible countries, listed in Annex B of the Work Programme General Annexes.
Overview of award criteria
The award criteria are the following:
- Excellence (5 points)
- Impact (5 points)
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation (5 points)
Maximum points: 15 points. Overall threshold: 10 points.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal electronic submission system (accessible via the topic page in the Search Funding & Tenders section).
Application support available
For further help, please refer to the Online Manual on the Funding & Tenders Portal, as well as the Horizon Europe Programme Guide, which contains the detailed guidance to the structure, budget and political priorities of Horizon Europe.