- Publication date
- 19 July 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 13 January 2023, 17:00 (CET)
- Level of funding
- EU level
The objective is to support projects addressing serious social, economic and environmental challenges deriving from the transition towards the EU's climate and energy targets and the objective of climate neutrality by 2050 at the latest. Applicants will receive blended support in the form of a grant provided by CINEA and a loan provided by the European Investment Bank, to be applied for separately. The grant component is a fixed lump sum of 15% of the loan component (or 25% if the project is located in a less developed region).
Projects related to a wide range of sustainable investments may be funded (renewable energy, green and sustainable mobility, digitalisation, urban renewal, transition to a circular economy, biodiversity etc.). Upskilling, reskilling, training and social infrastructure projects (including care facilities and social housing) are explicitly mentioned as being eligible for funding. The project activities must benefit a territory covered by an approved Territorial Just Transition Plan, and must be consistent with the Plan and the sectors and thematic areas it sets out.
Proposals should include indicators evidencing that the project will achieve a measurable impact in addressing serious social, economic and environmental challenges deriving from the green transition.
Institution providing the funding
European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA)
Size of funding
€ 1 459 500,000 over 4 years
Overview of eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible, the applicants must be legal entities (public bodies or private bodies entrusted with a public service mission) established in an EU Member State. Other entities may particpate in other consortium roles, such as associated partners, subcontractors, third parties giving in-kind contributions, etc.
Overview of award criteria
Proposals will be assessed taking into account the following three criteria:
- Relevance and impact (up to 10 points)
- Quality (up to 10 points)
- Bonus points: project is located in a less developed region (5 points); project contributes directly to the achievement of the 2030 climate and energy targets and the 2050 climate neutrality target (3 points); project is promoted by applicants that have adopted decarbonisation plans (2 points)
Organisations need to create an EU Login account and register themselves in the Participant Register, receiving a 9-digit Participant Identification Code (PIC). Afterwards, the proposal has to be submitted through the Funding and Tendering Portal in three parts:
- Part A includes administrative information about the applicant organisations (future coordinator, beneficiaries, affiliated entities and associated partners). Fill it in directly online
- Part B (description of the action) covers the technical content of the proposal. Download the mandatory word template from the Submission System, fill it in and upload it as a PDF file. Page limit for this Part is 100 pages.
- Annexes. Upload them as PDF file (single or multiple depending on the slots). Excel upload is sometimes possible, depending on the file type.
Application support available
For help related to this call, please contact: CINEA-JTM-PSLFec [dot] europa [dot] eu (CINEA-JTM-PSLF[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)