- Publication date
- 30 March 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 11 May 2023, 17:00 (CEST)
- Level of funding
- EU level
The call aims at providing support in the following main topics in the field of interpretation:
- The promotion of quality and linguistic diversity in the teaching of conference interpreting in the official languages of the EU, of the candidate countries and of the countries which are the main political partners of the EU;
- The establishment of postgraduate centres of excellence;
- Integration of modern information and communication technologies in the training of conference interpreters.
Project proposals submitted to this topic may combine several activities, including:
- networking activities and management of structures for cooperation between the centres of excellence in conference interpreter training
- organisation of student/teacher mobility
- organisation of training of trainers
- organisation of e-learning/virtual coaching activities
- integration of innovative training content and tools in interpreter training
The expected result from the activities supported through this call is to help produce new generations of qualified conference interpreters who may, subsequently, be recruited by the EU institutions, and in particular by the European Parliament, as officials or as accredited conference interpreting agents.
Institution providing the funding
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher-Education Institutions, Universities, university institutes, consortia and associations of universities or institutes, which offer or coordinate postgraduate courses specialising in conference interpreting.
- Associations, consortia and bodies, whose main mission is to support cooperation and disseminate best practices in the field of worldwide conference interpreter training.
Applicants must be legally established in one of the Member States of the European Union, in one of the EFTA countries or in a candidate country for future membership of the European Union.
Overview of award criteria
The following award criteria are taken into account:
- Quality, innovativeness and usability of the proposed project – max. 35 points;
- Potential impact on the area of conference interpreting that can be achieved through the development, dissemination, accessibility and use of the project results, including potential benefit to the European Parliament and the EU institutions and bodies for which it provides interpretation services – max. 30 points;
- Contribution to the objectives and expected results of the grant programme, as described in the work programme – max. 30 points;
- Quality and efficiency of the project management (including appropriateness of the budget) – max. 5 points
To be accepted, a proposal should obtain at least 60% of maximum possible points.
All proposals must be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal electronic submission system. Applications must be complete and contain all parts and mandatory annexes and supporting documents.
The Application Form consists of:
- Part A (to be filled in directly online) — contains administrative information about the participant and the summarised budget for the project. (Mandatory);
- Part B (to be downloaded from the Portal Submission System, completed and then assembled and re-uploaded as PDF in the system) — contains the application form with annexes; (Mandatory) and theAnnex III - Detailed budget table (to be uploaded Mandatory).
More information in the text of the call (see link below).
Application support available
For help related to EP-LINC calls, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org