- Publication date
- 7 March 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 14 March 2023, 17:00 (CET)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The objectives of this call are the following:
- Increase understanding of the value of cultural literacy on social cohesion and the increase of tolerance on cultural diversity.
- Provide innovative policy solutions that will increase cultural literacy in Europe through formal and non-formal education, as well as ways to integrate them into the education policies.
- Foster cultural literacy around European cultures.
Proposals should first analyse the role of arts in the different stages of education (primary, secondary and/or higher education), including in non-formal education (especially in cases when non-formal education methods are integrated in formal education curricula) as well as how arts education can enhance/promote cultural literacy, aiming to develop prosperous, inclusive, and sustainable societies.
Proposals under this topic should develop innovative policy solutions/recommendations to increase cultural literacy to positively affect society and provide ways that those solutions could be integrated into the education policies in Europe. The proposals should also propose methods that will help countries better assessing the impacts of cultural literacy on the inclusion of all children and young people.
Institution providing the funding
Size of funding
From €2.000.000 to €3.000.000
Overview of eligibility criteria
Any legal entity, regardless of its place of establishment, including legal entities from non-associated third countries or international organisations is eligible to participate. Moreover, to be eligible for funding, applicants must be established in one of the following countries:
- EU Member States, including their outermost regions
- Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States
- Countries associated to Horizon Europe
- A list of low and middle-income countries (list available in Work Programme the General Annexes)
Only legal entities forming a consortium are eligible to participate in actions provided that the consortium includes, as beneficiaries, three legal entities independent from each other and each established in a different country as follows:
- at least one independent legal entity established in a Member State; and
- at least two other independent legal entities, each established in different Member States or Associated Countries.
Overview of award criteria
The following award criteria are taken into account:
- Excellence (5 points)
- Impact (5 points)
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation (5 points)
The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 10.
In order to be considered, proposals must:
- Be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal using the forms provided.
- Proposals must be complete and contain all parts and mandatory annexes and supporting documents.
More information is available in the text of the call.
Application support available
For any questions related to any aspect of European research in general and the EU Research Framework Programmes in particular, please reach out to the Research Enquiry Service at this link: https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/contact-us/research-enquiry-service_en