- Publication date
- 2 October 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 23 November 2023, 17:00 (CET)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The Horizon Europe Calls on Fighting Crime and Terrorism target increased security of citizens against terrorism, including in public spaces. The open topic call allows proposals to address challenges not covered by other Horizon Europe calls on fighting crime and terrorism.
Proposals under this topic must contribute to each of the following:
- Enhanced ability of security practitioners to identify and prevent emergent challenges in the topic under consideration;
- Harmonized tools and procedures of the problem under consideration;
- Improved cooperation between European Police Authorities in tackling the problem under consideration;
- The development of training curricula for Police Authorities for improved countering of the problem under consideration.
Projects under this call are expected to increase the effectiveness of how crime and terrorism are tackled, while respecting fundamental rights. This includes improve prevention, preparedness and response, better understandings of the human, societal and technological aspects, and the development of cutting-edge capabilities for police authorities.
Institution providing the funding
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
To be eligible, applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must be legal entities (public or private bodies) established in one of the eligible countries, listed in Annex B of the Work Programme General Annexes.
Overview of award criteria
The award criteria are the following:
- Excellence (5 points)
- Impact (5 points)
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation (5 points)
Maximum points: 15 points. Overall threshold: 10 points.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal electronic submission system (accessible via the topic page in the Search Funding & Tenders section).
Application support available
For further help, please refer to the Online Manual on the Funding & Tenders Portal, as well as the Horizon Europe Programme Guide, which contains the detailed guidance to the structure, budget and political priorities of Horizon Europe.