- Publication date
- 23 November 2021
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 18 October 2022, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The Innovation Investments Strand 2a supports interregional innovation investments for the uptake of new or improved manufacturing solutions, as well as for supporting industry to face the challenge of digitalisation and to promote the shift towards a more environmentally sustainable production (zero pollution ambition for a toxic-free environment).
Projects under the Innovations Investments Stand 2a shall:
- Help new products to reach the market faster or having more efficient and sustainable processes adopted by the industry.
- Valorise research results and practical applications.
- Connect or make complementary use of testing and demonstration facilities at interregional level.
- Improve the use of natural resources and in the reuse of materials, promoting circularity models and investments in carbon neutrality.
The Innovations Investments Stand 2a will contribute to the deployment of new green and digital technologies fostering the growth of Europe’s manufacturing sector, making the EU industry more efficient and sustainable, reinforcing the capacity of regions to co-invest together and reshape EU value chains whilst increasing the competitiveness of the EU in global markets thereby unlocking the innovation potential of EU regions/countries.
Institution providing the funding
European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Applicants must be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- Applicants must be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.: EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))/non-EU countries: including listed EEA countries and countries associated to the I3 Instrument or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature;
- For consortia: Minimum 3 entities from 3 different regions in 2 eligible countries
- The coordinator must be either a public body, private non-profit organisation or international organisation;
Overview of award criteria
Award criteria include the following:
- Relevance of the project
- Quality of the project team and cooperation arrangements
- Quality of the project design and implementation
Applicants must submit proposals directly online via the Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System. Paper applications are NOT accepted.
Application support available
More details are available at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/common/gu+N7+O7