- Publication date
- 8 December 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 29 March 2023, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The main objective of the call is to foster skills development so that it takes into account the twin green and digital transition and supporst labour markets with the aim to increase EU growth potential, including by fostering deep-tech solutions.
The following type of activities are supported (please see text of the call for futher details):
- Identify, along with relevant stakeholders, specific green or digital skills, with a particular focus on those that are in shortage;
- Devise, test and implement scalable (e.g. through ESF+ or EIT) skills development programmes and trainings to endow the labour force with the identified green or digital skills;
- Where possible, such trainings should be designed with a particular focus on the needs of workers that are at risk of becoming redundant due to structural transformations related to the green or digital transition or whose task profiles are expected to change significantly, or currently unemployed people;
- Develop deep tech skills and training programmes in the fields critical for the green and digital transitions;
- Support certification and recognition of the green and digital skills and competences.
Anticipated outcomes include:
- Reducing skills gaps that hold back the green and digital transitions, by developing and disseminating suitable skills development programmes and training modules;
- Supporting collective action on skills development by companies and providers of education and training, and hence support deep-tech innovation; and contribute to the European Year of Skills 2023, to the large-scale skills partnerships in key industrial ecosystems under the Pact for skills, and to the flagship to skill, re-skill and up-skill talents in the deep tech fields outlined in the Commission’s new European Innovation Agenda;
- Supporting the training of advanced ICT-specialist skills or other key digital technologies’ skills.
Institution providing the funding
European Research Council
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for funding, applicants must be established in one of the following countries:
- EU Member States;
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States;
- Countries associated to Horizon Europe;
- A specified list of low- and middle-income countries: list available p.9 and 10 of the Horizon Europe Work Programme 2023-2024 General Annexes.
On consortium composition: unless otherwise provided for in the specific call conditions, only legal entities forming a consortium are eligible to participate in actions provided that the consortium includes, as beneficiaries, three legal entities independent from each other and each established in adifferent country as follows:
- at least one independent legal entity established in a Member State; and
- at least two other independent legal entities, each established in different Member States or Associated Countries.
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following 3 criteria, for a maximum of 15 points:
- Excellence (5points);
- Impact (5 points);
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation (5 points).
The threshold for individual criteria will be 3. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 10.
In order to be considered, proposals must:
- Be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal using the forms provided (see link to the call below).
- Proposals must be complete and contain all parts and mandatory annexes and supporting documents.
More information is available in the text of the call (see link below).
Application support available
For any questions related to any aspect of European research in general and the EU Research Framework Programmes in particular, please reach out to the Research Enquiry Service at this link: https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/contact-us/research-enquir…