- Datum publicatie
- 01 januari 2021
- Aantal deadlines
- Eén deadline
- Level of funding
- National level
The Instituto de Desenvolvimento Regional - Institute of Regional Development is the public authority responsible for the implementation of ERDF in Portugal. It manages the Regional Operational Program Madeira 2014-2021, a multi-fund Programme with contributions from the European Regional Development Fund and European Social Funds for the period 2014-2020, covering the outermost region of Madeira. The total allocation of the Operational Programme comes to EUR 403 million with a financial contribution of EUR 274 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and EUR 129 million from the European Social Fund (ESF). The programme aims contribute to promoting the competitiveness of the regional economy and the region's sustainable development and internal cohesion, as well as the region's contribution to the achievement of the key EU 2020 targets:
- More than 10% of the OP resources are allocated to supporting competitiveness and innovation in enterprises.
- Around 8% of the resources will boost research and technical development (RTD) and innovation, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target by increasing its GDP spend on RTD from 2.7% to 3.3 % (it was 1.5% in 2011). In particular, the OP contribution is expected to foster RTD and innovation knowledge transfer to enterprises.
- 11% will be dedicated to promoting job creation and enhancement of endogenous resources, contributing to the attainment of the national Europe 2020 target of - 75% of 20-64 year-olds to be employed (69.1 % in 2011).
- More than 21% will be dedicated to promoting education and qualification, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target to reduce early school leaving to 10% (from 23.2% in 2011).
- Almost 5% of the OP funding aims to support the shift towards a low-carbon economy, mostly in energy efficiency investments and sustainable urban mobility in order to ensure the sustainable development of the energy sector; these funds will contribute to Portugal's national Europe 2020 target of 31% of energy deriving from renewable sources (27.3 % in 2011).
Please note that this Operational Programme refers to the programming period 2014-2020, as the as the Operational Programme for 2021-2027 is not yet available.