- Publication date
- 31 January 2023
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 18 April 2023, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
A number of EU projects have already developed materials and processes for the development of hydrogen and fuel cell professionals; however, these efforts have been largely fragmented.
This project should aim to bring these efforts together in the establishment of a large alliance of universities and institutions that can provide certified educational training and continuously update the teaching materials.
Proposals should specifically develop at least the following elements:
- Monitoring, analysis, and adaptation to future expert profile requirements in the qualification of engineers and scientists;
- Gathering and revising training materials provided by closed or ongoing EU-supported projects (see above) and understanding, in liaison with industry, the education and training needs of the teachers, students, and pupil audience;
- Establishment of a network of universities and training institutions across the EU that will share into offering FCH technology education and training;
- Coordination (including at MS level) of quality assurance across FCH education and training offerings
- Creation of learning materials, including textbooks, workbooks, and online activities
Additional activities are listed in the funding opportunity.
Projects are expected to contribute to the following outcomes:
- Providing continued (digital) access to high-quality educational material in the area of FCH technologies;
- Supporting the build of an adequate and capable highly skilled workforce;
- Creating more and better jobs, strengthening the FCH industry, research and innovation across all fields of FCH technologies, different energy carriers, and whole system integration;
- Increasing general acceptance of hydrogen technologies.
Institution providing the funding
Clean Hydrogen Partnership
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
Eligible third countries not associated to the Programme can apply for this action:
- All third countries not associated to the Programme (please see section ""Eligible Countries"" in Part A of this Guide) in Western Balkans, Neighbourhood East and Neighbourhood West, South-Mediterranean countries, Asia, Central Asia, Middle East, Pacific, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and Caribbean.
- Exception: organisations from Belarus (Region 2) and the Russian Federation (Region 4) are not eligible to participate in this action.
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following three criteria:
- Excellence (5 points);
- Impact (5 points);
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation (5 points).
The threshold for individual criteria will be at least 3 points. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the individual scores, will be 10.
All proposals must be submitted electronically via the Funders & Tenders Portal electronic submission system (accessible via the topic page in the Search Funding & Tenders section). Paper submissions are NOT possible. Proposals must be complete and contain all parts and mandatory annexes and supporting documents, e.g. plan for the exploitation and dissemination of the results including communication activities, etc.
The application form will have two parts:
- Part A (to be filled in directly online) contains administrative information about the applicant organisations (future coordinator and beneficiaries and affiliated entities), the summarised budget for the proposal and call-specific questions;
- Part B (to be downloaded from the Portal submission system, completed and then assembled and re-uploaded as a PDF in the system) contains the technical description of the project.
For more details about the application process, and to download the forms, please see the link to the call below.
Application support available
The Online Manual is your guide on the procedures from proposal submission to managing your grant.
Horizon Europe Programme Guide contains the detailed guidance to the structure, budget and political priorities of Horizon Europe.
Funding & Tenders Portal FAQ – find the answers to most frequently asked questions on submission of proposals, evaluation and grant management.