- Ημερομηνία δημοσίευσης
- 26 Ιανουάριος 2023
- Ημερομηνία έναρξης
- Υπόδειγμα προθεσμίας
- Ενός σταδίου
- Ημερομηνία προθεσμίας
- Πρόγραμμα χρηματοδότησης
- Level of funding
- EU level
The objective of this call is to contribute to the training of the next generation of HPC high level support staff to work in the private or public sector. The goal is to train HPC specialists to acquire the necessary advanced digital skills needed for the deployment of a specific technology, by providing traineeships in either an HPC competence centre, companies or SMEs using HPC systems or EuroHPC Hosting Entities.
Trainees will be trained ‘on the job’ to develop their skillsets in HPC infrastructure development, applications and software develop. This will be an opportunity for the trainee to acquire valuable work experience, but also to become proficient and put in practice the advanced HPC skills.
A consortium would organise over the period of 4 years:
- a number of paid traineeships within their own organisations
- as a second stage, would organise paid traineeships to be allocated in other HPC organisations involved in the EuroHPC ecosystem who are not members of the consortium
- The traineeships are open to applicants under 40 year old, willing to work in Europe, as long as they have met all local immigration and labour laws in the countries of the EuroHPC JU Participating States.
- Trainees have to prove an interest in HPC technologies and applications
- The traineeships would last a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months long.
The trainees that participate in actions funded under this call are expected to perform tasks at the request of the hosting organisation in the area of HPC such as support for HPC users, programming and development of applications and software, project management of an HPC project etc.
Institution providing the funding
EuroHPC Joint Undertaking
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
The call targets stakeholders that are public or private organisations in the eligible countries with relevant expertise in HPC.
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- non-EU countries: listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Digital Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following three criteria, for a maximum of 15 points:
- Relevance (5 points);
- Implementation (5 points);
- Impact (5 points).
The threshold for individual criteria will be at least 3 points. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the individual scores, will be 10.
Proposals must be submitted electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System (accessible via the Topic page in the Search Funding & Tenders section. Paper submissions are NOT possible.
Proposals (including annexes and supporting documents) must be submitted using the forms provided inside the Submission System (NOT the documents available on the Topic page — they are only for information).
For more details about the application process, please see the link to the call below.
Application support available
For help related to this call, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org