- Publication date
- 1 June 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 28 September 2022, 17:00 (CEST)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
Thematic Innovations activities are aimed at developing highly innovative products and/or services or sustainable education and skill development programmes with high societal impact potential. Thematic Innovation activities should address the societal challenges of participating KICs and demonstrate the Knowledge Triangle Integration (KTI) approach. Activities should contribute to achieveing the future high-level results and impacts included in the EIT Impact Framework.
Thematic Innovation activities should address the societal challenges of participating KICs and demonstrate the Knowledge Triangle Integration (KTI) approach. Activities should contribute to achieveing the future high-level results and impacts included in the EIT Impact Framework. Topics should be aligned witht he EIT's Strategic Innovation Agenda and participating KICs' Strategic Agendas.
Applicants should evidence a contribution to the EIT Impact Framework, the EIT's strategic objectives nad the EU's key strategic agendas. The activity should demonstrate how it will contribute to KICs' financial sustainability and how it contribute to the EIT core KPIs. The expected impact should be defined, measureable and achievable within the project timeframe.
Institution providing the funding
European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
Size of funding
Overview of eligibility criteria
Any KIC may participate and implement the eligible activities under the Cross-KIC scheme.The participating KIC Legal Entities (LEs) should create (a) consortium/a for the preparation, submission and implementation of the proposal(s). At least two KIC LEs should be a part of each consortium applying for the Thematic Innovation Cross-KIC activity funding.
One KIC LE should be assigned to lead a Thematic Innovations Cross-KIC activity. Any KIC LE may lead a Cross-KIC activity. All entities, including KIC partners that may participate in the project consortia, must agree on the main objectives, milestones and annual achievements, as well as the budget distribution.The participating KICs and their individual contributions have to be agreed by all KICs participating in the specific Cross-KIC activity. Thus, an overall Cross-KIC Activity Plan (proposal) must be agreed by the participating KICs with Work Package level details.
Overview of award criteria
Award criteria include:
- Excellence (30%)
- Impact (40)
- Implementation (30%)
Applicants must submit their proposal via the Funding and Tenders Portal. The proposal itself consists of two main parts:
- PART A: administrative forms (structured information of the basic administrative data, declarations of partners, organisations and contact persons, etc. This form is available at the following link: https://eit.europa.eu/sites/default/files/tpl_application_form_part_a_eit.docx.pdf
- PART B: technical proposal. This form is available at the following link: https://eit.europa.eu/sites/default/files/tpl_application_form_part_b_eit_cross_kic_2023-25.docx.pdf
Please note that this call is only open to members of KICs (Knowledge and Innovation Communities), i.e. autonomous partnerships of leading higher education institutions, research organisations, companies and other stakeholders in the innovation process that tackles societal challenges through the development of products, services and processes and by nurturing innovative entrepreneurial people.
Application support available
For additional support, please check the following documents:
- Online Manual providing guidance on the procedures from proposal submission to managing your grant: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/common/guidance/om_en.pdf
- Horizon Europe Programme Guide with detailed guidance to the structure, budget and political priorities of Horizon Europe: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/horizon/guidance/programme-guide_horizon_en.pdf