- Publication date
- 13 October 2022
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 31 January 2023, 17:00 (CET)
- Funding programme
- Level of funding
- EU level
The main objective of this call is to support innovative cooperation projects, bringing together the blue economy industry and relevant marine and maritime, educational/academic institutions and/or vocational training providers at all levels and other stakeholders to promote:
- Green and digital blue skills, professions and careers as well as the acquisition of transversal and inter/multidisciplinary skills and competences to further boost the digitalisation and greening of jobs, also by promoting the use of competences frameworks, such as GreenComp and DigComp.
- Reskilling and upskilling schemes and cooperation between education and industry to support the active labour force to acquire the necessary environmental and sustainability skills and become acquainted with modern standards, principles and practices.
- "Blue careers" awareness and attractiveness among students and young professionals, in an attempt to attract and retain new talent and counter human capital depletion because of an aging labour force
Actions to be supported through this call include:
- Promoting skills (soft, green, digital, transversal, managerial, entrepreneurial, inter-/multi-disciplinary, project management) through a variety of means: for example, traditional trainings, hybrid teaching, elearning, practical placements, etc., at higher educational or vocational training levels.
- Strengthening operational links between academia and industry, including via the setting up of continuous training of the trainers, on-the job trainings, apprenticeships, mentoring, and/or job shadowing schemes for the up/reskilling (including career guidance) of blue economy professionals.
- Reinforcing collaboration, including through improved pooling and sharing of resources, between educational and VET institutions and the maritime industry.
- Encouraging sustainable and circular approaches in the blue economy via relevant training (e.g. fishing for litter, coastal tourism sustainable practices, port activities, environmental management for marine ecosystems, marine environmental practitioners, etc.).
- Facilitating talent retention and mobility in the blue economy.
- Raising awareness campaigns amongst blue economy operators (including fishers) and harness their support and experience in achieving a sustainable blue economy, through upskilling and reskilling schemes.
The expected project results will need to address solutions at local or regional/sea basin level for skills development in a variety of blue economy sectors, according to the needs identified in the respective sea-basins, with an accent on digital and green skills, upskilling and reskilling schemes.
Institution providing the funding
European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA)
Size of funding
- 2022: €4,000,000
- 2023: €3,500,00
Overview of eligibility criteria
Applicants must: be legal entities established in one of the eligible countries (i.e., EU Member States, non-EU countries: Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya, Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia). Moreover, proposals must be submitted by a consortium of at least 3 applicants, with minimum 3 independent entities from 2 different EU countries and including at least an educational/training organisation and an industry representative body. The coordinator must be established in an EU Member State.
Overview of award criteria
Project proposals will be assessed taking into account the following three criteria, for a maximum score of 30 points:
- Relevance (up to 10 points)
- Quality (up to 10 points)
- Impact (up to 10 points)
In order to apply for this call, organisations need to create a user account and register using this link.
Furthermore, the proposal must be submitted in 3 parts:
- Part A: administrative information about the applicant organisations and the summarised budget for the proposal (to be filled in directly online).
- Part B: technical content of the proposal. Organisations need to download the mandatory word template, fill it in and upload it as a PDF file.
- Annexes to be uploaded as PDF file.
Application forms are available in the link of the call (see below).
Application support available
Applicants can consult the Funding & Tenders FAQ at this link.